Sunday 17 July 2016

Grandma & Grandpa (Day 11)

Today was the most joyous of days and the most tragic of days, Thursday, July 14, 2016.  


We started off the day, enjoying our Indian Princess.


Then went for a walk into town.


Stopped off at the fountains, because they're just SO much fun!!!


Grandpa enjoyed following his little granddaughter around.  I really like this one.


 Grandpa is ginormous, taller than the hotel!


Oh man, she's going to be a little surfer girl one day.  She's already got the rash guard on.


Waiting for the fountains to start again.


Yay!!!


This girl is fearless with water.


She got blasted several times in the face and went back for more.


Taking a little break.


Ready to stomp on the fountain.


Then after the fountains, we hit Old Nice for some gelato.


The narrow streets of Old Nice.  The princess is in her chariot just below us.


Of course we had to go to the Promenade, and to our delight, they were preparing for the Bastille Day parade.


Lots of old war vehicles.  Here's my dad saluting next to the American flag.


My mom, Daphné and my dad enjoying the parade.


And here we are with the gorgeous Mediterranean Sea as the background.


Me and my gal! 

All these pictures along the sea were taken just hours before the horrific attack on the Promenade.  Thankfully, we were all tucked in the safety of our home a mile or two away.  My heart is still so heavy and hurting.  I wrote more at this BLOG POST.  I'm not surprised by the evil in this world, but it gets really personal when it hits your own city like this.  I can't stop praying for those who lost loved ones in this senseless act of violence.  Also, for those who are waiting at the hospital hoping their loved ones make it after being severely injured.... and I'm praying a special prayer for those who witnessed first hand the gruesomeness of the attack.

I still cry.  Then I hug Daphné and kiss Tonio.
 

I'm thankful we got to finish the day like this.  Peaceful.  Safe.  All our loved ones accounted for.  It's simple times like theses that you cherish more than anything in the light of the chaos.  I'm thankful God is still on the throne, and He is still worthy to be praised!

Love Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment