Wednesday 4 July 2012

worry by Mr. Chambers

"Have you been bolstering up that stupid soul of yours 
with the idea that your circumstances are too much for God?


Put all your 'supposing' on one side and dwell in the shadow of the Almighty (Psalm 91:1).


Deliberately tell God that you will not fret about that thing.


All our fret and worry is caused by calculating without God."
--Oswald Chambers 

 
And we all know the above cartoon is NOT true.
 
I once heard someone, somewhere say that 
Worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair;
It gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

I'm so thankful that I can talk to God anytime.
He gives me so much peace,
even when life can seem a bit overwhelming.

Have you talked to God today about your worries?
I know I need to, sometimes several times a day.

--Linz

ps - This morning, Tonio and I talked a little about this, 
and we decided that the Holy Spirit uses Oswald Chambers 
sometimes as a baseball bat in our lives...
BAM !
{in a good way kind of BAM}

No comments:

Post a Comment