Wednesday 11 July 2012

petit à petit

Summer Goal Progress!

the French have an expression:
"Petit à petit l'oiseau fait son nid,"
which means:
"Little by little the bird makes his nest."
It's kind of like our "Slowly but surely."

Do you all remember ::this post:: from June?


Well, on July 6th, I'm proud to say that I finished the 343 pages of 
"Sixty Million Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong."
I learned so much about my new country, about its past, its present, 
and even quite a bit about my husband...hehe.


Today I completed level 3 {finally} of my Fluenz French computer program.
 My goal is to complete level 4 by the end of August.


And yesterday, I started "The Call of the Wild."
I'm already in love with Buck.


What's on your summer reading list?
--Love Linz


3 comments:

  1. Pilgrim's Regress by C.S. Lewis
    The Hobbit (outloud to the kiddos)
    Real Marriage by Grace and Mark Driscoll
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard about Pilgrim's Regress, interesting. Oh the kiddos - love you gaggle of Gaddises.

      Delete
    2. I had never heard of it either. Alex found it in an obscure little antique store in Kentucky. Turns out, it was his first fictional book! It allegorically describes his "conversion". It's pretty cool!
      We love the Petrignani's too:)

      Delete