Monday 14 November 2016

Surfing

A couple weeks ago, my brother-in-law took me surfing in Italy!  It was so good to get back in the water.  It's been over a year since I last surfed!  Ahhhh!!!  Needless to say, I was so thankful that Sebastien took me along!


Putting on a 4/3mm wetsuit is never easy.


A board that Pierre (Daphné's Papi) found in the street.  Seb fixed it up AND personalized it with some fancy blue duct tape.


Wave check.


Seb brought his water camera - yay.


Fun perspective of his buddy on a stand-up paddle (SUP) board.


Those long boards can catch almost anything!


There's me, the hunchback of the Med.


So thankful to have such a cool brother-in-law!


Laughing and surfing go together.


Seb's friend Yann.


SUP and me paddling into a wave.  Didn't catch that one, but I got a few fun ones this day.


And a glimpse from the car.


Sebastien is out there with the SUP.  See him?


"Thank you God for sunsets.
They are Your very special way
To say goodbye to every day."
(from Daphné's "Baby's First Prayers" book by Muff Singer)


Panoramic.


Can't get enough of this place.


There's nothing like surfing in God's creation!


Seb.


Mural.


Sand.


Ok, one more.


And here we are post-surf happy faces... me, Sebastien and Yann (not pictured : Pascal) 

And a big thanks to Tonio, Mamie and Papi for watching Daphné so I could go.

Love Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment