Friday 22 November 2013

not sure what to title this

Monday - Friday in photos...

 "titre de séjour" renewal (again) - we {heart} paperwork...sarcastic tone very much implied ;)*


selling stuff on France's "craig's list" - my job : clean off sticker gunk


greeeeeeeeeen smoothies : orange juice, banana, avocado, cabbage, kale... bam !


 doing my treasury duties... working the books for the church's cultural association


mug shots... haha !


*side note on paperwork : Today, Tonio and I braved, once again, France's immigration office.  My compassion for foreigners grew while squished like cattle in that waiting room for our number to be called... 2032.  I thought it would take all day.  Of course it didn't.


3 1/2 hours later, our number is called, we walk to "guichet 8" and sit down in front of the woman who has the potential to make our lives very difficult or simply accept our paperwork.  She accepts.  Now we wait for a reply in the mail.  We are thankful.  She is just hurrying to go on her lunch break.


There's a story in the Bible, in the book of Luke, that talks about a foreigner.  Ten lepers ask Jesus to heal them of leprosy.  He does.  They are stoked and go on there merry way... except one.


One returns, a foreigner


One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice.

He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.

Jesus asked,
"Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine?
Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?"

Then he said to him,
“Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”


I'm not saying I'm this foreigner.  I'm not saying you are.  I'm just wondering if I'm patting myself on the back for "my" efforts or "my" victories.  When, in reality, I should be giving glory to the One who is worthy of ALL GLORY, PRAISE and HONOR...  Jesus not only cleansed the lepers, but he made the one who came back WELL.


I like this foreigner's heart.  I'd like to be like that thankful to God for cleansing me and making me well.  What about you?


Thanks for reading {it was a long one}
Love Linz

[passage taken from Luke 17:15-19]

1 comment:

  1. Great insights Linz! Since the days I had to to "attend" la Préfecture with Nancy, and because of some people I met there, I've always thought it would be a great place to go make friends by helping and showing a sincere interest in the people who wait for hours and are treated like numbers... "Préfecture Evangelism" of sorts!

    ReplyDelete