Thursday 28 November 2013

Joyeux Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving !

I know everyone and their mother are posting pictures of their food and decorations.
So...

 I thought I'd join in the fun !  Why not, right?

[story behind the above photo : Tonio gave me the idea to use the tilt-shift effect to make it "pinteresting" - I love that my man can appreciate my love for the domestic and for pinterest.]


 Tonio's name card : "I'm thankful for..."


 Table for 6.


 Seb, you were missed.  I set a place for you just in case ;)


 My Uncle Rob and Aunt Cricri.


 My beau-père and belle-mère.


 Always proud to be by this guy's side.


 I see you through the peephole...


 ...Come on in !


 I think I'm most proud of this little decoration treasure.... HAHA !


 The Line-Up.  Bon Appétit !!!


 Happy belly.


 And the reason for being thankful... the family God has given me over here in France.


 Pies : "tarte aux pommes" by Pierre, pumpkin pie by me.


Dessert.  La fin des photos.


I've tried to write this last paragraph for about 30 minutes... type, delete, type, delete...

How does one express their thankful heart?  I almost have tears in my eyes right now.  
I'm thankful for Tonio, the man who loves me as Christ loves the church, 
the one who sacrifices so much to make me feel like a princess and to treat me as one, 
the man who expanded my world introducing me to a country and a language that I now love deeply, 
the man who will do anything to help me stay close to my family I love and miss so dearly,
the man with whom I will have so many more adventures !!! 

I love him.  And I'm thankful.

Love Linz

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Steph ! Love you too. I want you to know that the "Give Thanks" banner is what you sent me in the mail - I just reversed it and wrote the letters =) So, thank you for helping with my decorating. Tell Alex and the kids hi for me, especially the 3 oldest that I know ;)

      Delete
  2. Dear Sissy Pants,
    I love this post. You are such an amazing woman and I pray daily that I can be more and more like you. You and Tonio have such an amazing marriage and I know that mine and Brett's is different and unique in our own way, but I pray that our focus remains on the love of Christ, just as yours and Tonio's has. I miss you so much all the time and I am so thankful for the cards and the calls and all of the little things you do for me while I too am away from home pursuing the things that God has planned for me. I cannot wait until I get to see you again. Until then, bisous and amour (that's probably so wrong but I am trying :). Tell my bro I love him too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis, I'm so glad your and Brett are different and unique... it's more fun that way. I know God is leading you guys in your adventure, and what an adventure it has already been ! You are both so loved, and I hope Tennessee realizes what a treasure they have. I'll try to keep the cards coming. Glad you got the DVDs. LOVE YOU and my bro-in-law !!!

      Delete
  3. Oh Linz!! What a beautiful Thanksgiving. You are so very missed, but what an outpouring of beauty and blessing you have brought across the sea. Love you!!!! -Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Crystal for your encouragement ! Traditions like Thanksgiving make me all nostalgic and missing traditions. This year, I decided that traditions aren't going to be made for me... it's been hard to let so many things go, living here, so I'm glad to have started this. I hope to continue !!! I love you too !!!!!

      Delete
  4. LINDZ!!! What a beautiful job you did! I love the place settings and the sign on the door. How did you make so many crafty things while also making such a beautiful spread of food??? It has Pinterest all over it - my favorite :-) I miss you and I'm praying about coming to visit. I would love to explore Europe and Nice would be a great place to start! I pray you and Tonio have a blessed Christmas season and a bountiful New Year. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess !!! The food took some prep, but the crafty things were pretty last minute. I have some letter stamps, which makes things look super "crafty" - hehe - so there's my secret ;) As you already know, the invitation has been extended to come stay with us. Tonio and Lindsey's bead and breakfast =). Can't wait to one day see you over on this side. I love you, and I miss singing with you. Joyeux Noêl. Bisous. xx

      Delete