Sunday 11 August 2013

Stand-up Paddle

A dream come true !
10 August, 2013

I've always wanted to try stand-up paddling, as long as it started becoming popular in California way back whenever.  Though many surfers had an attitude against it, I always thought it looked like fun.

Well, I'm here to tell you just that : it's so fun !!!
{and just a tiny bit harder than it looks}
 

I found a few websites with info around Nice.


 Le Club Nautique de Nice won !


 You can click HERE to see where I got the information.


 It's SO different from surfing !
Feet are facing forward for example, such a bizarre feeling.


 I had a blast for almost 2 1/2 hours near the Cap de Nice.


 Here's the crew I went out with !
Yes, all but one are under the age of 12.
{you can get an idea how heavy these 11'4" boards are}



All of us on the paddle boat.
They amused the American girl for a few pictures.


Favorite moments of the day:

When one of the little guys realized I was coming out with them, 
he asked his buddies, "Elle vient avec nous?  Cool !" 
[She's coming with us?  Cool !]


One named Alexis (boy's name, pronouned Uh-lex-EE), 
probably 8 or 9 years-old, turned around to me while we were paddling and said, 
"Ah, la vie est belle !" [Oh, life is beautiful.]  I agreed and smiled really big.


This same little guy, in the middle of the bay, 
stopped while standing on his board, looked out at Nice, and when his friends asked, 
"Qu'est-ce que tu fais?" [What are you doing?].  
His response, "Je regarde Nice." [I'm looking at Nice.]
Precious little heart.  I wanted to take him home with me.


And the cherry on top.  One little blondie found out I was from California.  
He shared how his dream is to one day go to Los Angeles.  
I told him he should pursue that dream.  
In the middle of our stand-up paddling session, 
he looked at me really politely and sincerely and asked, 
"Ça vous dérange pas si je vous appelle Miss California?"
[It doesn't bother you if I call you Miss California, does it?]
I, of course, accepted my new name with honor, then started calling him Monsieur Nice.
I think he loved it !


Thankful for this opportunity to stand-up paddle and meet some cool people.
The staff at Le Club Nautique de Nice are really cool too.
I hope to go back.

Love Linz

4 comments:

  1. Love this post! It looks so fun!! And such a cute little group of kids!!!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline ! I'm thinking this is Caroline from church or maybe it's my Aunt Caroline in LA. Either way, I'm thankful you enjoyed the post. Love Lindsey

      Delete
  2. That is so fun !!!! I love SUP- there's an element of peacefulness unique to it compared to surfing. Let's do it next time we're together ! -Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes PLEASE Crystal !!! I'm SURE you have connections to boards, no doubt at all in my mind. I love and miss you.

      Delete