Friday 30 August 2013

Operation Dragoon

Celebrating a day of victory !
August 28, 1944
{69 years later}

Toulon and Marsaille were liberated from German occupation.
The Americans and the French joined forces.

 The US Seventh Army, formed in Corsica, worked with the French resistance 
to defeat the German Army Group G.

 Nancy and I were working at the Christian bookstore, when this happened.

 A parade for us... HAHA !!!

 I wonder why I like this picture so much ;)

These guys were all French, but there was one American veteran in the procession (not pictured, but he's in the video).  When I saw him, I got a little teary-eyed.  Freedom is such a blessing,
and it's definitely not free.

 Classic.  Cell phones.  Cigarette.  Cute dress.  Peace sign.

 Santa Barbara, California. =)

I loved seeing the two flags flying together !!!
Stars and stripes and the bleu-blanc-rouge.

Learn More !
Et en Français !

If you're like me, pictures are sufficient, but sometimes it's fun to see stuff in action.
If you've got 3 minutes, give this video a whirl.

{allow a few seconds to load}


*blog readers, you may have to hop on over to the actual blog

And we're out.
Hope you enjoyed.
10-4.

Love Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment