Saturday 3 August 2013

cool story about an old church

I follow a blog 
that posts pictures of different cabins / huts / churches / forts / etc... from around the world.  They are all submitted by people like YOU and ME.

Yesterday, I opened my feedly blog reader to see this gorgeous picture:
with the title, "A small church tucked away in the woods near Fallen Leaf Lake, California, USA." --Contributed by Starkman.

Wait a sec!  Mom and Dad were married near Fallen Leaf Lake!


Emailed Mom and Dad:
Hi Momma or Daddy,
I just saw this picture on a blog taken near Fallen Leaf Lake. 
Is this where you got married?
Just curious.
Love you guys !!!
Love Linz

Mom emailed back:
That is the church we got married in !  Isn't it precious!  
There are Aspen Trees everywhere and an amazing rapid stream nearby.  
The water is running over boulders and out to Lake Tahoe.  
Bisous xo Momma  


Voilà !
So cool !  Now, I just need to scan their wedding photos.
Picture my mom in her homemade {by herself}, beautifully-sewn wedding dress with flowers in her hair, and my Dad in his hand-embroidered shirt by mom or my Aunt Camille {can't remember} proudly wearing a moustache and long locks.

Oh, they were too cute.
Not a bad venue Mom and Dad !
And can't say it enough, Happy 35th Wedding Anniversary !

As a little girl, I dreamed of this place, the place where Mommy and Daddy got married.  I remember asking my mom about it so many years ago, and she wasn't sure if the church was still there.  Even as an adult, I've been wanting to go visit this place, not knowing if it was there... WELL, it's STILL there !!! 

July 15, 1978, my parents were at this very church.
 {3 years later, I was born}

Love Linz
{who now has a new bucket-list item to add to the rest}

1 comment: