Monday 2 January 2017

Christmas Eve

Ever since I was a little girl, family tradition was going to Grandma Betty and Papa Lew's home on Christmas Eve.  Well, Papa Lew went to be with Jesus in 2008... we miss him lots.  But 93 year-old Grandma Betty is still there to welcome all 70+ of us mixed up crazy Hutchinson's.  Thankfully, she is the guest of honor and does no work.  All the aunties, uncles and cousins clean, decorate, prepare food, etc...

I only took a few pictures, but here you go!
 

The two Christmas elves ready to head down to LA and steal the show.  [Photo credit : Grandpa Tim, my daddy]


Wrapped in lights.


Meeting an older cousin named Chase.  We just call everyone a cousin at this point, because 2nd and 3rd cousin can get so confusing.  Even I don't really understand the relationship of my daughter to my cousin's son.  "Cousins" works great!!!


Grandma Kathy is always a safe place when there's lots of people around.


Chelsey holding her daughter Rowyn and our cousin's daughter Everly.


The girls love to both occupy my sister's lap!


The under 2 year-old photo: Neel, Rowyn, Everly, Daphné, Ryder.  And little Eisley, we know you would have been right smack dab in the middle of this little gang of hoodlums.


Great Grandma Betty reads the Christmas story, while cousin Charlotte shows the pictures. 


She had some of the little peoples' attention, but as you hear below in the video, Daphné just wanted another cracker.


I love my Grandmother's voice.  Can you believe she had 10 children?  And a fun little side note: Tonio had a Grandma Betty that had 12 children.  So, Tonio and I are both very comfortable in large families.


Rowyn touching the "ba-bee."


Attempting to get a picture with Daphné's Great Grandma Betty.


She was being a silly girl.


And this was the best we could do.  We love you Grandma!

Love Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment