Sunday 9 November 2014

32 weeks

A baby update for your Sunday reading...

Today, I enter my 32nd week... when I wasn't pregnant, all this talk of weeks and months didn't mean much to me.  Now I understand.  So. much. changes. in such a short amount of time.  Oh, and let me take a moment to share that my sister-in-law and brother are expecting their own bundle of joy come May 2015...  YAY for cousins !  Félicitations Sarah and Tanner !


I also never understood why pregnant ladies were always rubbing their bellies like a genie lamp.  Well, again, now I get it... the baby is always moving, so you want to feel him or her - the tummy is stretching, so it's itchy - and the mom instinct kicks in, so you just want to let baby know you are there.  It's incredible !


Apparently, baby is all developed... from here on out, he or she is just gaining fat {so is mommy-ha!}.  I know it doesn't show much, but I've gained 12 kilos (26 pounds) so far !  It's bizarre since I've never been able to gain weight EVER.  I know, I know... skinny girl problems.  I'm thankful for a fast metabolism, but I'm sure things will change after the birth.


 And from this angle, you can see baby is waving at you - ha !


This week, we have the last ultrasound.  I'll be sure to write the details in another post.  We also meet with our midwife for our November check-up.  I'm really hoping she will be supportive of me wanting to go natural.  France is pretty pro natural, pro breast-feeding, all that jazz, so I don't think I should have a problem.  The funny thing is they don't really talk about "pain," which I find so different than the states.  Birth is apparently the best.thing.ever here... I'll let you know.  Ha.  Insert reality check, but keeping breathing deeply =).

Ok, enough babble...

Tonio and I are so excited to welcome our little one into the world.  We are praying for the head to be down in this next ultrasound, a healthy and strong, joyful and funny baby.

Love Linz
ps - I wish you could have heard the thunder that just cracked... yowsers !!!  Dear California, I wish I could send you some of this rain.

1 comment:

  1. Tu es magnifique Linz, superbe - Le BB heureux aura une Mama et oun Padre wonderful- thanks for sharing these pics - We love you, T and BB- Have a nice week -
    Hope not a lot of problems with the rains and storm in yr cosy apartment - In Antibes rain, rain and a little bit of storm ! Bisoux to share -

    ReplyDelete