Friday 16 May 2014

our little bookstore

As you trusty blog followers know, I get to volunteer at our local Christian bookstore.  I still love working there - it's like a little sanctuary to me.  Since we are all volunteers, we all get to contribute.  I wanted to share a little bit of "Lindsey's touch" with you.

Here is our main section of Bibles, which doesn't even show them all.  There is one more shelf below and another shelf of adult Bibles in other section and another shelf full of kids Bibles.  I take care of organizing and labeling which versions go where.  Also, we had too many Bibles for the shelves (a great problem to have!), so I put all the ginormous study Bibles up top in a semi-circle with the verse Psalm 119:105 "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path" (in French, of course).  The rest of the team seems to be happy with this change.


And this is a temporary section for mother's day.  In France, it is celebrated on Sunday, May 25th this year.  It's typically a couple weeks after the states.  I had fun gathering cards, books, Bibles, and gifty things.

I'm thankful to contribute in a small way.  I know many of our customers are so thankful to have the bookstore here in Nice.  We really are blessed.  It makes me that much more motivated to help out.

Love Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment