Wednesday 19 March 2014

Coconut Macaroons

I have so much fun with this blog - it's a little bit of this and that, not much rhyme or reason, but that's where I have the freedom to write whatever I want...

So today, I give you coconut macaroons !
{different than French macaroons, just to clarify}

When Tonio and I first got married, my mom gave me this recipe book.
I wasn't sure how much I would use it, but it has been such a useful tool in cooking and baking.


Sometimes I just look inside for inspiration.  For example, yesterday I found a bag of coconut in the cupboard, so I opened the book and found this great recipe for low fat coconut macaroons.


 Here they are before and after baking.


The recipe if you'd like to give it a whirl.

And I love this book, because I can take out the pages and put them on the fridge next to the picture of little Tonio in the snow, next to the dog butts from Seb, next to the salt and pepper bunnies from Manny and Karey, next to the "Kiss the Cook" apron from Mom and Dad, under the Alaska knife from Tanner... (reminders of loved ones everywhere).

If I drank espresso, I would probably drink one with a few of these babies, but since I don't, I just eat more cookies instead =)

Wish you could come eat some with me and Tonio !  Hurry, they're almost gone ! {actually, by the time you read this, they will be gone... sorry}

Love Linz

2 comments:

  1. MIAM MIAM MIAM ! Congrats' Linz for cooking - Bisoux

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look very yummy. Well done!

    PS. Gotta love the dogbutts... and somehow I'm not surprised they are from Seb!!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete