Saturday 28 September 2013

yummy sweet, moist cornbread

Today, I was organizing some jars filled with pasta, couscous, sugar, etc...

Next thing you know, I'm making cornbread muffins.
I always get side tracked when I clean or tidy-up the house.
I don't mind these kind of side tracks, and neither does my husband...

Here's the super easy recipe // recette (source):
Just realized I blogged this same recipe in April (post).
It must be good !!!

mix in this order // mélanger dans cet ordre 

beat // battre
1/2 cup melted butter        // 115g de beurre fondu
2/3 cup white sugar          // 135g de sucre blanc
2 eggs                                  // 2 oeufs

combine // mélanger
1 cup buttermilk*              // 240ml de lait avec une cuillère à soupe de vinegre blanc
1/2 teaspoon baking soda  // 1/2 cuillère à café de bicarbonate de soude

combine // mélanger
1 cup cornmeal                  // 200g de polenta sec
1 cup flour                         // 125g de farine
1/2 teaspoon salt              // 1/2 cuillère à café de sel

375F for 30 minutes          // 175C pour 30 minutes
[400F for 12-15 minutes   // 200C pour 12-15 minutes - muffins]

*I just make my own buttermilk by using 1 cup of milk, then adding 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice, let sit for about 5 minutes until curdled... voilà !


Enjoy !  //  Bon Appétit !

Love Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment