Friday 16 October 2020

Nov / Dec 2019

November / December 2019

Welcome to the end of 2019, a really remarkable year.  I will do an overview at the bottom of this blog post.  And for all of you just joining the party, I have been going back to catch up after leaving the blog dormant for 2 years.  This is a huge accomplishment - I have now finished 2018 and 2019!!!

Enjoy!

Tonio and I went to Bandol (near Marseille) to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary.  It is super important for us to celebrate and be intentional about our marriage, so these little getaways each anniversary (that could not happen without the amazing Papi Pierre and Mamie Nancy) are ways for us to reconnect and just enjoy each other without distraction.  I sure do love this guy!


Happy Thanksgiving!  We invited our favorite Antibes family and our dearest ground floor family up to the 4th floor for a yummy Thanksgiving lunch.  I had so much fun with the food and cooked my first turkey.


And since I love crafts and getting people involved, we all decorated 1 or 2 letters of the "Give Thanks" banner.  And after we colored them, we had to share something for which we were thankful that started with that letter.


Merry Christmas!  Christmas seems to appear so quickly after Thanksgiving.  Here we are in our living room hanging out with Tonio's brother and his wife's family who came from the north west coast of France, Britany.  We don't get snow on Christmas, but we can almost always count on sun.  I'm not complaining at all!  


Tonton Seb and Maïna gave the kids these super fun towels.  We all thought it was the funniest and cutest thing to see the little Christmas "elves!"

 

And to wrap up 2019, I give you a family photo in front of the Christmas tree.  I'm so thankful for my people.

 

So, I'd love to give you an overview of our 2019:

  • Daphné has a really fun 4th birthday party 
  • Snowboarding and sledding in the French Alps
  • Linz visits her friend Denae in Torino, Italy
  • Family road trip to Paris
  • My friend Leah and her daughter Vera visit from Montana
  • Daphné completes first year of preschool
  • Church leadership transition from Pierre to Tonio (<--A HUGE MILESTONE!)
  • Daphné dances in a ballet performance
  • Austria conference
  • My parents visit!!!
  • My friend Joanna visits also from Montana
  • I swim in an open water swim race in the sea
  • Dedicate Django to Jesus at church
  • We get a new niece, Rocky Mae
  • Tonio travels to Burundi, Africa
  • Bandol anniversary getaway
  • Thanksgiving with family
  • Christmas with family

Love Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment