Friday 7 July 2017

Baby Shower

My amazing mother-in-law, Nancy, and a friend from church, Gaëlle, organized a baby shower for me the 1st of July.  It was really special, and I'm thankful to be surrounded by people who love me and care for our growing family.

I must admit that it was bitter-sweet... I so wished I could have invited my mom, my sister, my grandma, my sister-in-law, my cousins, my friends from the states.  People have often told me that once you establish your own family, it gets easier to be far from your own.  They couldn't be more wrong!  In my opinion, it gets harder.  I'm extremely thankful for technology, though.

Even though it was an effort to stop the pity party, I ended up having such a wonderful time!  I'm so thankful for these girls who went out of their way to make me feel loved and special.  A few of them are even in my same position, far from loved ones themselves.

Enjoy some of the fun and fancy details!


Gift table.


Snacks.


Cupcakes with little baby feet and rocking horses.


The girls who made it all happen: 
Gaëlle, Anne-Laure, Lydia, Nancy, Corinne, Anna, Caroline.


From another angle with me and baby belly (Gaëlle taking picture).


Craft time.


All the girls came with Bible verses to decorate for me and little buddy.  So cool!


Opening gifts.  2-second pop-up tent for future beach outings with the little guy.  Thanks Corinne and family!


"Mr. Sunshine" outfit from Gaëlle and Caroline.  These two had WAY too much fun buying lots of cute gifts.  Thanks girls!


Little PJs.


It fits!


A beautiful top from Anne-Laure for when I'm un-pregnant! =)


3 generations... Thanks Nancy for the great baby book!


Little hooded towel for baths.


"Little Sailor" outfit from Lydia.  Thank you!


New diaper bag from Papi.  Merci!


"It's a brand new day" outfit.  Such a good reminder that God's mercies are new every morning.  We get to start with a clean slate.


Baby Sleep Trainer book.  It's written by the gal we worked with to help coach us to get Daphné to sleep.  The only sleep book I would ever recommend a new parent, but I'm biased because I know the amazing affects of her method!


Daphné playing with Anna's little guy, Joshua.


Nancy, Lydia, me, Caroline, Gaëlle and Daphné.  
The last of the crew.

If any of you ladies are reading this, thank you again for giving me such a sweet baby shower.  It was a real blessing!

Love Linz

2 comments:

  1. so wonderful Lindz! how fun. bless those ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always love your comments Leah. Makes me feel like you were here in some small way. Bisous!

      Delete