Monday 24 February 2014

Dio + Clémentine Wedding

Félicitations Dio et Clémentine !!!
Nous sommes très contents pour vous !

First things first - isn't the back of this dress gorgeous?!!!  Good choice Clém.


French weddings have to go through the state first, so there is always a mini ceremony at the City Hall (La Mairie) before the "religious" wedding.


Driving through the streets of Marseille was quite fun for me.  It's DEFINITELY not Nice, but beautiful in its own way.


 Here comes the bride !


I love how in French weddings, the couple gets to sit the whole time - bonne idée !


 Clémentine's little brother, the ham, I mean the ring bearer.


 A church in Marseille (not where they got married, to clarify).


 Sun rays - bam !


 Port.


 Drive-by palace.


 Reception.


I love a man in a purple bow tie and top hat =)


 The beautiful bride !


 A fun table game - we all drew the person to our right... HAHA !


 Our table.


Spent the night in the country side (kind of) with a bunch of other people from the wedding... it was like camp all over.  Tonio and I got the top bunks ;)


 View from our bedroom window.


Brunch the next day with the newly weds.  Also another French wedding tradition that I love.  The day after the wedding, there is often a brunch to spend more time with the couple.


Heading back to Nice.  This mountain in front of us was spectacular.

You'll notice there are no pictures of the food or dancing... that's because I must have been enjoying BOTH too much to even think about my camera... the sign of a great wedding !!!

This couple loves the Lord, and it was so cool to witness the beginning of their adventure together.  It just gets better and better Dio and Clém with Christ as the center.  Love you guys !!!

Love Linz

4 comments:

  1. As usual très très belles photos Linz et les mariés sont très minouches ! Félicitations !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog and pictures.
    I was just in France in January, staying with girlfriend in Golfe Juan.
    Completely fell in love with the area.
    I put some pictures on my blog - I'm sure you will recognize much.
    Such a gorgeous area.
    http://elpinchepirata.blogspot.com/2014/01/arriving-in-nice-france-golfe-juan.html
    Best to you and yours!
    Joey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Joey. Yes, this part of France is beautiful - I thank God that I get to live here. It's truly a blessing. I looked at some of your pictures, and I definitely recognized the area. Keep traveling and enjoying God's Creation.

      Delete