Tuesday 5 March 2013

Flat AUSTYN

Have you ever heard of Flat Stanley?

you can read a little about the book HERE


well, I received Flat AUSTYN in the mail in early January

she came from southern California, so she was used to the sun


she enjoyed all the old statues and monuments


and she came to work with me at the Christian Bible bookstore


a must-see when visiting Nice, France, the Negresco Hotel


the Mediterranean Sea, a little different than the Pacific Ocean


Gunther made a new friend


she came to get a café and a croissant with me and Tonio


she watched Tonio's soccer game


and of course, every country has one


another friend


she really liked Nice's outdoor marché


and Notre Dame, a smaller Nice version


she bought herself a cute t-shirt =)


 
i think maybe UN-flat Austyn might come to visit one day


meet real Austyn !


she made a beautiful display board with all of Flat Austyn's memories


and here is real Austyn sharing with her class about her Flat-Self's adventure in Nice, France
{as you can see, she's wearing her "I Love Nice" shirt - makes me so  happy}

Austyn is the daughter of one of my old university roommates.
I was honored to be in her wedding so many years ago, 
and now honored to be a small part of her kids lives.  
Love you Shauna.

Thankful for opportunities like these.
Seemingly small, but mean the world to both parties.
When is the last time you wrote a letter to a child?

I admit, I have a stack of letters in the "write back" pile.
One is from a child, and I think that one shall be priority.

Love 
Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment