Friday 1 March 2013

book. store.

Nancy and I get to volunteer at our local Christian bookstore.
Last Wednesday, she worked the morning shift, and I took the afternoon to cover for someone.

It's a HUGE blessing that we have this place at all; it's run by volunteers, non-profit...
A bright, little light on a dark street.

 our antiquated sales system
{ I'm pushing to help computerize the store ;) }


 free pamphlets sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ
you'd be amazed how many people stop and grab one or two


 books


 Bibles


CDs and Postcards


This store is so much more than just selling Bibles and books.

It's being ready to talk to the woman who has so many questions about the Holy Spirit.

It's showing a very sweet lady our Bible selection, helping her pick one, and having her thank me because she can't wait to read it every day.

And finally, it's just being available to talk to the man who is buying a book that he saw in the window on the plants and vegetation in the Bible.  He says he's never read the Bible, doesn't have a Bible, but he enjoys nature and thought this book could be a good start.

It's talking with this same man about hiking and God's creation, giving him a Bible and encouraging him to discover the person of Jesus Christ for Himself, the One who made him and who made all the things he loves in nature.  His tender heart encouraged me.  He left beaming, so excited to read BOTH books !

And I am so blessed to be a part of this work.
Thank you Jesus.

Love
Linz

ps - yes, this all happens in French - another miracle - thank you Jesus !!!

2 comments:

  1. Ok so I'm stalking your blog...I love that you volunteer at this precious book store! Do you still? What an awesome story of the man who bought both books - you're such a light. I know God is well pleased! Ok...on to more posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay ! I love blog stalkers, but usually only if I know them...haha !!! And yes, Jess, I still volunteer here, every Wednesday morning. In January, as I briefly mentioned in the post, we will be changing to a computerized system - YAY !!! Thanks for your encouragement. It's those little things that we often don't see that make all the difference in God's Kingdom. Love you.

      Delete