Wednesday 1 August 2012

waiting...

God works where He sends us to wait.
"...tarry...until..."(Luke 24:49).


"Wait on the LORD" and He will work (Psalm 37:34).
But don't wait sulking spiritually and feeling sorry for yourself,
 
just because you can't see one inch in front of you !


Are we detached enough from our own spiritual fits of emotion 
to "wait patiently for Him"? (37:7).

Waiting is not sitting with folded hands doing nothing,

but it is learning to do what we are told.
These are some of the facets of His ways that we rarely recognize.
-Oswald Chambers


I needed to hear this today.
 I feel like I cannot see an inch in front of me,
but I need to keep obeying God's Word and moving forward.

Perhaps it's just centimeters at a time,
since I am on the metric system here in France - HA !

I hope you were encouraged and challenged too.
--Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment