Tuesday 10 May 2011

SADE live in concert

I love being part of God's family.
You meet people all over that love Jesus, too.

A few weeks ago, two guys came to Calvary Chapel Nice.
They were here with a band called SADE (pronounced Shah-DAY).

We thought they were part of the sound crew or something...
Turned out, they both sing on stage with SADE - crazy.

They each had 2 tickets to give out, 
and they blessed Tonio and I and another couple 
with seats to the first show of their 80-show tour. 

 Mickey, Alexandra, Tonio, Me

 This is Leroy.
He played the cajon with Tonio and I one Sunday at church.
So fun!

 SADE
"Smooth Operator" is one of her most well-known songs.

 Tony, SADE, and Leroy

 The whole band

 We got to go backstage and see Leroy. 

Alex and Mickey with Tony.

When you think of it, please pray for Leroy and Tony and the band,
for strength and encouragement as they tour until September 2011.

Check out this video of them:


Lyrics:
Nothing can come between us
It's about faith
It's about trust


Thanks for coming with us.
We hope you had fun.

Love Lindsey

4 comments:

  1. You guys are sooo lucky! I'm jealous. Marnie, Ashley, Kendall an I saw Sade and band on Monday. They were awesome! I didn't know that Leroy was a brother. Will be praying for them and that the rest of the band will be saved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stan! Thanks for the comment on the blog! Yes, that concert was pretty incredible - wow. Ya, Leroy and Tony are both solid - they love Jesus big time. I know they are thankful for prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is fantastic that you had the chance to meet Leroy backstage!!! How did you get backstage to meet the band? This would be a dream come true for me, as I am a saxophonist and Sade has truly helped to shape my sound throughout the years.. Wow! I started a blog at http://allthingssade.blogspot.com Pleasure to meet you!
    ~ SaxManDre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear SaxManDre,
    I checked out your blog - looks like you are just getting it up and running - very cool. Good luck with that. We met Leroy, because he and his friend Tony came to our church here in Nice, France (Calvary Chapel Nice) while they were practicing for a few months before starting their tour. He played the cajon with us one Sunday at church (my husband and I lead worship). It was a really cool opportunity to see the concert - incredible show. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete