Sunday 6 March 2016

3) Out and About

This is the last in the series of 3 blog posts :

Here, you get to see a few different adventures that Daphné and I have been on.  Also, you can meet two of her buddies.  Enjoy !



Daphné's first nems at a Chinese restaurant with Papi, Mamie, Tonton Rob, Tata Cricri and Daddy.  They were a hit, as you can see.  I couldn't cool them off fast enough for the little princess.


Can you see the goose?  We are at the science university where her Tonton Rob went.


I liked the bridge behind her.  She doesn't look amused.


Trying to copy mommy !


This "campus" used to belong to a rich Russian guy in the 1860s.  I can't even imagine having such a beautiful (and big) property !  The city of Nice acquired the property in 1950, and the university exists since 1965.


Now, we move to a new location, our local mini zoo, called Parc Phoenix.  Behind us, you can see a lemur =).  They will always make me think King Julian from Madagascar, the movie.


Flamingos make some pretty crazy noises.  They look so calm and delicate, but those long necks and beaks can attack each other !


Before leaving Parc Phoenix, we took a selfie with Monsieur Feng Shui.  


A little romp around a little park near our home.  The weather is fickled, wanting to get warmer, but still in an identity crisis.


Meet Juli and Astor, Daphné's buddies.


I like that the girls are chatting, and Astor is coming in for the surprise visit.


I met Ave (Astor's mom) and Maki (Juli's mom) through an international mom's group here in Nice.  I'm so thankful for these two.  We can share stories and laugh together.  Juli is 2 months older than Daphné, and Astor is 2 months younger.


Isn't Astor such a handsome little guy?  Here they are playing at a restaurant in town that actually has a little play area for kids. 


Here's a little tunnel at another little park near our house.  The benefits of living in the city - parks everywhere !


Celebrating my beautiful friend Elodie on her special day !


Couldn't resist !


God, once again, you absolutely out do yourself everyday !  You are the definition of Creative.



Hanging out with my friend Diana.  Like the matching coats?


Yesterday, the sun was so bright, Daphné and I had to get out while Daddy studied for Sunday morning.  We I walked up the long hill to a park called Estienne d'Orves, while pushing the princess in our incredibly versatile stroller.


Our little lamb.

She melts my heart !

Love Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment