Tuesday 2 October 2012

DIY haircut (wavy hair)

You can find anything online, 
and I learned how to trim my hair (with layers) - ha !
Way cheaper than a salon - cost me 5 minutes and 0 €.


BEFORE
 dry hair before look


 wet hair before look


ponytail in front of head


slide elastic to desired length - I took off about 2 inches
{be careful here, because your front layers will be most dramatically affected}


cut !


ahhhhh !


wet hair after look


 AFTER

dry hair after look

I do not recommend this for straight hair, as the wavy/curly-ness hides any potential hideousness.  Also, I'm very curious what it will look like if I blow dry it, which I rarely do.  I wasn't too pleased with how the shorter layers turned out around my face, but they grow fast, so no permanent harm done.

It's the little pick-me-up I was looking for, so I'm happy.

YAY for saving money and having a little adventure in the process.

--Love Linz

 
 once again, the BEFORE and AFTER

5 comments:

  1. Bravo Linz -Very nice haircut -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been known to bend over forward, brush hair over...then cut straight across, bringing fresh new layers as I flip it back over...love not spending money on hair cuts...so easy to just do it yourself. For minor trims, I sometimes spice up the teensy straight trim by making two side braids and chopping off the ends, leaving a fun layered look once unbraided...hair grows back, no need for worries! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea with the side braids! Sorry this response is so delayed. Cheers!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Many thanks! traditional barbers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by the blog. I wish I could point you in the right direction. I'm just an amateur. I don't know that I would go with blogspot again though.. there are too many quirky "un-user-friendly" glitches, especially in formatting and spacing and picture sizing. Keep shopping around. I'm sure you'll find what will work best for you! Good luck!

      Delete