Monday 1 May 2017

Oswald and Daphné

Hey guys, I know I've posted several Oswald Chambers quotes on the blog before.  He wrote my favorite devotional of all time, "My Utmost For His Highest."  I'd like to tell you I read it everyday along with my Bible, but... enter stage right... toddler.  However, over 10+ years of reading it, I'm sure I've read each page at least once or twice.

So, today, I'm taking the opportunity to share a little nugget that impacted me from the 29th of April reading.  Enjoy Daphné and some good thoughts on being a follower of Jesus Christ by Monsieur Chambers.


"To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, we do not know what a day may bring forth.


This is generally said with a sigh of sadness, it should be rather an expression of breathless expectation.


We are uncertain of the next step, but we are certain of God.


 Immediately we abandon to God, and do the duty that lies nearest, He packs our lives with surprises all the time.


When we become advocates of a creed, something dies; we do not believe God, we only believe our belief about Him.


Jesus said, 'Unless you...become as little children.' (Matthew 18:3)


Spiritual life is the life of a child.


We are not uncertain of God, but uncertain of what He is going to do next.


...When we are rightly related to God, life is full of spontaneous, joyful uncertainty and expectancy." -Oswald Chambers

I really needed to hear this.  Having Daphné has made so many of these things come to life.  Her faith and trust in us as parents is absolute and unwavering.  She never worries if she will have enough to eat, or a place to sleep, or clothes to wear... it's just a given... she banks on it.  

I want to be this way with God and His promises to me.  He said He will take care of me, that He loves me, that He will never leave me.  I so often forget and let this overwhelming life with all its worries crowd Him out.  I want to bank on Him.  Daphné doesn't doubt she'll be loved and taken care of by me and Tonio.  Why should I doubt the Creator of the universe, the ONE Who actually made me in the first place?

I write all this mostly to remind myself of these things, but if it struck a chord with you, I'm thankful for that too.

[Both outfits were more hand-sewn gifts from our friend Barb at church.  Aren't they so cute?!!!  See pattern reviews for Daphné's Dress and My Top.]

Love Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment